Indoor Air Quality
- Energy Savings
- Maintenance Program
Home Thermostat Services in Ocala, FL
It’s so common that it goes largely unnoticed until you need to change the temperature. What are we referring to? Your thermostat, of course, but it is so much more than it appears. The truth is that your thermostat is the control center for your entire HVAC system, telling it when to turn on and off as it senses the rise or drop in your indoor temperature. Today’s thermostats have become powerful tools for energy efficiency and comfort, coming a long way away from the days of the slide or mercury dial thermostats. However, if you are still using a non-digital thermostat, you could be losing out – a lot. But not with our help. The HVAC experts from Ace A/C of Ocala can help you find the right thermostat to match your current heating and cooling system so that you can have the comfort, convenience and energy savings you need.
Is it time for a new thermostat? Call Ace A/C of Ocala right away!
Why an Upgraded Thermostat Is Important
You may be thinking: how much of a difference can an upgraded thermostat really make? Here are some reasons to consider it:
- Precise temperature settings – A difference of 2–3 degrees can make a fairly big difference in your energy usage. Why? The EPA estimates that for every degree you can reduce your heating and cooling, you can save 3% per degree. However, if you are still using a dial or slide type of thermostat, you will be challenged to find an exact setting because the degrees are given in ranges. The digital face of an upgraded thermostat allows you to program exactly.
- Ability to program – We’ve all experienced running back and forth to the thermostat in order to reduce cooling or heating when we aren’t at home and when we arrive back home. Imagine being able to set a single program that accommodates for your temperature changes each day? You can do so with a programmable thermostat.
- Remote access – How many times have you left your home and realized you have left your heating or cooling on too high? We have, too, and that’s where a smart thermostat can become your best friend. Not only are smart thermostats programmable and easy to read, you can access yours from any smart device using the thermostat’s app.
Common Thermostat Repairs
Because they are so small, you may imagine that your thermostat doesn’t need repair, or that they don’t really ever malfunction in a way that requires repair. The truth is a malfunctioning thermostat can wreak havoc on your HVAC system, but our experts can help you with all of your thermostat repairs. Some of the more common ones we see are:
- Problems with the instrumentation – There is some very delicate instrumentation inside your home’s thermostat, and if any of these components are malfunctioning, the thermostat will malfunction. Even a layer of dirt and dust can disrupt the functioning of your thermostat’s instruments.
- Wiring issues – Wires inside your thermostat can fray and/or corrode, which will make for poor electrical connections. Your thermostat communicates via electricity, so if the wires aren’t working properly, neither will your thermostat.
- The heat anticipator is off – The heat anticipator tells your heater how long it should stay on; if it isn’t calibrated correctly, your system may do what’s called short–cycling: constantly turning on and off, which will quickly run your system down. Your Ace A/C of Ocala technician will know exactly how to fix the anticipator—just give us a call!
We can help with all of your thermostat needs in Ocala, FL. Contact us for details today!